Monday, May 19, 2008

Resources

It's a shoe leather kind of day; lots of gathering information and yes, a shopping trip.   I took advantage of Metro State's Career Services department in the Tivoli.  For me, it was worth the time and effort, I was able to talk with Judy White, an experienced career counselor.  Granted, Career Services is in flux right now, but what I really needed was to talk to a profession career counselor about making the degree change from BFA to IDP.   I needed to talk to an objective professional about aspects of going into journalism, freelance work and employment when my degree is done.  Diversity is the key here, and I've known that for many years and it's true for any field, not just art/journalism/photojournalism.  I also have my appointment with IDP to begin creating my degree and I see some light at the end of the tunnel.  

No comments: