Sunday, November 23, 2008

Photo Rescue=Magic

PhotoRescue is a miracle.

I shot some images in O'Farrell's Hat Shop just around the corner from the main square in Santa Fe, NM during the last Social Doc class this last weekend. I made the colossal mistake of mingling CF cards in my D200 and D300, and even though I format each card after each use, I've been asking for trouble. My card karma caught up with me when I was uploading the images and I realized that I was missing about 100 images. They were simply gone.

Thank goodness Josh Lawton came along on this SocDoc trip, and he reminded me about PhotoRescue. For the uninitiated, PhotoRescue is a great, $30 program that scans errant cards and pulls old data off the card and "rescues" as many of your pictures as possible. Now, it doesn't work on data that has been rewritten with new data, but it brings back as much as possible. I now have most of my pictures back.

This little program is worth $30. Here's the link:

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/

Thanks again, Josh

No comments: