Friday, April 29, 2011

Reflection



Along the windy roads where I live there are beautiful things to see. Most days I travel the back roads and sometimes drive right by photo opportunities but on this particular, stress-filled Monday morning, I stopped and spent some time by this pond.

Without a breath of wind, the pond was completely still and the reflection as perfect as a mirror. I made some images but as I got closer to the pond, my footsteps along the edge created some slight waves on the water, ruining the pristine reflection.

The few quiet moments I spent there put a wall between me and the harsh day I was experiencing. With the cell phone in the car and no souls with an idea of where I was, all was peaceful. I think stress is over-rated and anger and righteous indignation leave damage in their wake. But like the good soldier, I got back in my car and marched myself back to the front line.

The stress is gone, but I still have the image of a quiet moment where the song of insanity couldn't find me.

No comments: