Thursday, September 11, 2008

Night Sky


I was sitting on my balcony last night watching the funky clouds go by. I grabbed my camera and made a few images. A little spooky, but the dark stuff is what makes life a little more interesting. These images were made with my D200 with my 80-200mm lens and I tried my skill at hand-holding as opposed to using a tripod. I got fair results.

I decided to try an experiment: I bought a Nikkor f1.8 50mm fixed focal length lens cheap at Camera Trader. I'm going to try and shoot using just that length lens. Kenn has been after us (Josh has too for that matter) to shoot at EITHER range of the lens. Shoot at either 18mm or 55mm. Shoot at 80mm or 200mm. Move your feet, not the lens. I'm curious to see where my meter length strength resides.

Good thing fixed focal length lenses are cheap. Cheap all right. Frickin' plastic. Argh.

No comments: