Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Freedom Service Dogs

I have been working to make an audio slideshow for Freedom Service Dogs organization and the "delivery" date was today. The slideshow was used at a fundraiser at Elway's to promote donations for this Colorado non-profit. It will end up on their website as part of their efforts to raise awareness and funds.

The people at this organization are some of the nicest people I have met at any non-profit I've been around, and I had a really good time putting this together. I spent a few days just hanging around and trying to capture images of all the events that go on during the day. The next project I'm doing is an audio slideshow on one of the trainers, and I already have a lot of images to use and just a few more and some audio.

Their training methods are really interesting and I've never seen dogs trained without any sort of negative reinforcement. These dogs long to work and please their owners, and only special dogs rescued from shelters get a chance at making the grade. The trainers are incredible as they work with not only dogs, but people who are challenged in some way or other. It doesn't matter to them, two legs, four legs, they help everyone.

Take a look at the first slideshow, and thanks for looking.

No comments: