Monday, August 11, 2008

Tomorrow!

So I get a call late this afternoon from Kathy Packer, the administrative assistant from the AP and she asked me if I was ready to go to work as of Tuesday. Of course, I said yes.

So tomorrow I meet her at the AP office, I get MY CREDENTIALS and we walk over to the Pepsi Center and I get going. My job isn't glamorous; I'll be working in the equipment room, but technical equipment for the AP@DNC is pretty important, so we'll see what that looks like. What am I going to do, say no?

Sure, I would like for someone to walk up and say to me, "Hey, we can see it in your eyes, you're the world's best shooter," but I don't think that's going to happen. I'm willing to start somewhere!

I work the evening shift and get about 25 hours this week and get to see the operation from the ground up. That might be worth documenting, yah think?

In Kenn's Photojournalism II class this morning, he had some wisdom for those of who will be shooting the DNC or trying to get stories from the assorted venues. Communities like Tent State in La Cuchavera (spelling) park, or possibly from the homeless community that hosts rumors of bus tickets to Los Angeles and other cities to get their presence off the streets of Denver during the DNC are fertile ground for "interaction." We'll see what that looks like.

Kenn's wisdom: "If you get tear-gassed, put the camera on auto-focus and keep shooting."

No comments: