Sunday, April 27, 2008

Central City Cemetery


Since I was exiled from my house today due to all the showings from realtors, I wound around from Evergreen (twisty roads make me miss my motorcycle, sniff) to Central City and ended up at the Catholic Cemetery at the top of the hill.  When my parents were alive, we would go up there and have picnics (strange, I know) and look at the tombstones. I decided to practice with "Sunny 16" to see what the results were using the tombstones as a subject.  I set my camera at ISO 100, f16 @ 1/125 and the results were pretty good.  I guess. 

I still battle with the facts that Metro's technical training is so bad.  I don't understand a school that gives a BFA in photography, but doesn't stress the technical aspects of a camera.  Just one class is all it would take to give student's the confidence to explore further, especially those like me who want more, not just "photo-fluff."  In my mind I can see the worried looks on the faces of art students dreading such a class, fearing the definitive answers to questions and not being able to diffuse course requirements with artistic esoteric bullshit.  Enough said. 






No comments: