Friday, April 18, 2008

Concept

I had my critique for Photo III and the "Tweak" assignment.  I got the feeling it didn't meet up to expectations.  However, the images are stunning.  As my subject I used my piano and the delicate network of wire, screws, felt and wood.  The lines are luxurious and sensuous and demonstrate musical flow visually.  Abstraction combined with the change in color make some really beautiful images.  I ended up using expired daylight slide film under tungsten light and had it cross-processed, which made the resulting negatives green.  The images had the distinctly yellow cast to them, but I was able to change their characteristics using CMY.  I am looking forward to getting the assignment back so I can scan in the images.  I'm also going to scan the negatives and see what I can do in PS.  

Next project?  No idea.  But it will be in analog form, although the medium doesn't concern me, the "concept" does.  


No comments: