Friday, April 11, 2008

Film

My "Tweak" assignment for Photo III is letting me stretch my legs a little bit.  Do you know what you get when you expose an image taken on daylight print film in tungsten light exposed in an enlarger at 36" 150C, 0M and 0Y for 5 secs? 

Pretty, pretty RED.  Hurts my eyes to look at it.  

I'm creating eight prints from film that are all the same image, but modified in the enlarger using the CMY controls to change the color outcome of the image.  Certain settings in CMY have to have the time increased or decreased depending on the temperature of the color and it's place in the spectrum.  There goes another 100 count box of Ilford.

When I'm done, the images are going into frames after I cut the mats. Hobby Lobby has their frames on sale 50% off and I've seen them and they're nice.  Nice enough to ditch the prints after the critique and put images that can actually be displayed without an artist statement. 

Tomorrow: expired slide film that will be cross processed and then mercilessly thrown into the enlarger for more fun.  

No comments: